We can by most things today and our culture is turning in the direction of also buying emotions and each other, we can very quickly choose to and from in everything, in that our emotions is being put under the consumer mentality and that has become a very big problem especially for the teenagers.
ELENA RADEF: In my previous work I worked as a psychotherapist/psychologist dealing with mental and psychological issues.
I worked out of the thinking that changing things on the inner would influence the outer circumstances enough, to make them change. That would be our thoughts, attitude, job and so on, and then our lives would change into the direction we wished. I also used mediation and different soul searching techniques in my sessions. I knew about the spiritual life, had different experiences myself and took some of it into use in my practice, but because it was influences by many different spirits – not of Christ, it never really worked out.
All of that has changed. I still think it is important to know one self; the more psychological side of one self, to know what one is dealing with in regarding a problem. Meaning; I still consider these things, but I also came into the knowledge of spiritual warfare in my walk with Christ.
Since Jesus is the healer of our heart issues, we must always bring Him into every situation in our lives. That is where prayer comes into the picture when we are dealing with an issue.
In my work it is very obvious that I worked out of the principle that we are body, mind and soul. In the psychological term we consider these three things should be in alignment in order for us to be happy.
God consider these things a little different. He does want and wish for us to be joyous, but in Gods terminology; we could be in very difficult situation and still experience peace and joy. That is not the way the world “thinks” we can be happy in.
He never wants us to be driven out of fear, or to do things out of fear – I find that one thing amazing. So in a difficult situation we can be in peace and joy.
He does also, and very much wants for us to get physical things, experiences and so on that bring us joy.
Things to look into:
- Finding direction in life – the call that God has put on our lives.
- Being able to take authority in situations, things and events in a persons life.
- Different psychological negative patterns and qualities (anxiety, stress, insomnia, depression, etc.)
- Greif and crises in many different aspects – loss of loved one, work, etc.
- Job situation, where to live – the more physical aspects of life.
Slowly we grow toward being able to look deeper within ourself to get a connection between body, soul and spirit.
When we work with ourselves and develop as humans, we will undeniably address the spiritual part of us as humans. The spiritual is the place you feel on the inner what you need to do in your life, and what makes you joyous and peaceful. You will choose with a clear mind, and with help from God you will most certainty never regret the choice that you take.
Claiming authority – Spiritual warfare
How do we know when the enemy has a foothold in our life?
The Bible talks about antichrist, the enemy, the devil and Lucifer – all the same spirit. Let us not be afraid of looking into what in means, because the Bible also talks about how much the enemy tries to “steel, kill and destroy” our lives, and how we can defeat it. If we don’t know what we are dealing with, then we don’t know how to handle it because we all are being tested by these influences.
There are different areas we need to look at:
- It is where things go on and on and on, and you pray, and you have pretty much tried everything. The problem is that we usually try all kinds of different things, which are not good and sometimes even make things much worse.
- Things that goes back in the past from our family. You know, we sometimes say that there must be some kind of curse in that family. We say things like that without even thinking about it, but to some degree, it is something we sense, and it is true.
- Things that go on and on and on in our family. It could be certain negative patterns, alcoholism, depression and anxiety for example. However, it can also be things that are more “subconscious”, for instance not getting certain areas of ones life to function. That could mean always getting into a fight with the boss at work, always reaching a certain point in a relationship – and then xxx happens. Always being misunderstood by people. Always being mislead. Not being able to have that final breakthrough even though you try and try and try. Yet, you just simply can’t understand it.
These influences we experience can enter into our lives in different ways. It can be related to our family, or it can be through some of the things we have done or do. We need to take authority over these influences, or as they are called negative spiritual forces – unclean spirits or demons.
Things in the world have a spiritual influence on us, things that can become something we worship. Then it becomes an idol in our lives, and we loose ourselves into that idol. Slowly, little by little, it erodes into our lives, and then suddenly it has a full control over us. (At this stage you feel something is controlling you).
There are many kinds of worship. It means; things outside of us have the power. It controls us. It becomes the agenda in our lives. Here are some different things to look at that lead us away, instead toward Christ in us. One of the reasons for that is because we live in a world where everything goes so fast, and that is not in alignment with our spiritual pace. Read more about spiritual warfare here >>
It’s important to underline that I do not work with religion but the spirituality and belief.